Vistas a la página totales

martes, 15 de octubre de 2013

Ramos Sucre traducido… Versión de Guillermo Parra



Prelude

I would like to exist amid empty darkness, because the world damages my senses cruelly and life afflicts me, impertinent lover whispering bitter stories. 

By then my memories will have abandoned me: now they flee and return with a rhythm of ceaseless waves, they are wolves howling in the night shrouding desert snows.

Reality’s disturbed symbol, movement respects my fantastic asylum; moreover, I will have scaled it with death at my arm. She is a white Beatrice, and, standing on the crescent of the moon, she will visit my painful sea. Under her spell I will repose forever and I will no longer lament offended beauty or impossible love.
.
(from Timon’s Tower, 1925)
.
Published with the consent of the translator and author of "Jose Antonio Ramos Sucre Selected works", Guillermo Parra.
* * * * *
José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Selected Works, translated by Guillermo Parra (prologue by Francisco Pérez Perdomo)
Printed in the United States of America
José Antonio Ramos Sucre
ISBN for Print: 978-1-60801-090-5
ISBN for E-book: 978-1-60801-091-2
Library of Congress Control Number: 2011944950
Copyright © 2012 by UNO Press

.
.
Nota: Y aquí agregamos el texto en su versión original. Siempre hemos pensado que pocos textos pueden hacer tanto honor a su título, como lo hace esta glosa poética de Ramos Sucre.
 lacl
.
.

Preludio, José Antonio Ramos Sucre

Yo quisiera estar entre vacías tinieblas, porque el mundo lastima cruelmente mis sentidos y la vida me aflige, impertinente amada que me cuenta amarguras.

Entonces me habrán abandonado los recuerdos: ahora huyen y vuelven con el ritmo de infatigables olas y son lobos aullantes en la noche que cubre el desierto de nieve.

El movimiento, signo molesto de la realidad, respeta mi fantástico asilo; mas yo lo habré escalado del brazo con la muerte. Ella es una blanca Beatriz, y, de pies sobre el creciente de la luna, visitará la mar de mis dolores. Bajo su hechizo reposaré eternamente y no lamentaré más la ofendida belleza ni el imposible amor.

.
La Torre de Timón, 1925.





No hay comentarios.: